Saturday

To begin...


I've had these address books since my mid-teens, when my dad found them while renovating an old house. At the time I had the idea of writing to the various addresses to find out information about the people listed.

The internet, you see, did not exist then.

This plan came to nothing and they've lived in a keepsake box ever since. Out of curiosity/boredom one holiday I started to google some of the names and I was very surprised with some of the results.


This is an archive of all the information I've found out about the names and addresses in these lovely little books. I hope you enjoy reading about them as much as I enjoyed researching.

The main mystery - as to who these books belonged to - remains unsolved however...

If you have any further information about any aspect of this archive - especially if you have an idea about the original owner of these books - I'd be delighted to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment